[Tweeters] CHANGES COMING: Ridgefield NWR Public Meeting Thursday 6PM

Will Clemons willclemons at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 24 21:24:47 PDT 2009

Hi Folks,

It is a near certainty that there will be CHANGES COMING at Ridgefield NWR, on the Auto Tour Route / River 'S' Unit.

The document mentioned in point "D)" below has 4 Alternatives.

Alternatives 2 and 3 would be DISASTEROUS for birders, photographers, and other non-hunters (in my opinion).

A)
March 26, 2009 (Thursday) 6:00 - 8:00P.M.
Ridgefield Community Center
210 North Main Avenue
Ridgefield, WA 98642

I believe this is in the Ridgefield Public Library building.

B)
I will attend and take notes.
I will post a meeting summary afterwards, probably Friday or Saturday.

C)
RNWR will accept comments through April 10, 2009.
Coments may be mailed, faxed or emailed.
See instructions on page 12 of the below linked document.

D)
The entire document "Preliminary Management Alternatives for Ridgefield NWR" is on the web at:
http://www.fws.gov/ridgefieldrefuges/ridgefield/pdf/rnwrplnupdate3.pdf

E)
Soon after the meeting, I will post my suggestions for all to see.
I'll add suggestions sent to me from folks who are not sending their own comments.
I will add names of folks who authorize me to add their names to my comments.

Will Clemons
SW of Portland
willclemons AT Yahoo dot com

Birding: