[Tweeters] Raptor spectacle in Maple Leaf

ZINGIE at aol.com ZINGIE at aol.com
Wed Mar 25 16:35:37 PDT 2009

Hi Tweets,

About 30 minutes ago I was walking the dog in Maple Leaf while the wind was
blowing and the sun was coming out. I heard crows making an alarm call and
looked up to see three Red-tailed Hawks soaring above me. Neat! I kept walking
and a few moments later heard a Bald Eagle calling. I was sure I had not
misidentified the red-tails. Sure enough, I looked up and there were not only
three red-tails but FOUR Bald Eagles and another red-tail. All eight birds were
soaring together and at times diving at each other. I watched for as long as I
could (until the dog lost his patience) and wished I was able to get video
of it. I've never seen that many eagles and red-tails interacting together.

Simone Lupson-Cook
Seattle, WA
_Zingie at aol.com_ (mailto:Zingie at aol.com)

**************Great Deals on Dell 15" Laptops - Starting at $479
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1220635228x1201407499/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fad.doub
leclick.net%2Fclk%3B213153654%3B34689672%3Bo)