[Tweeters] Kilckitat County Dunlin

Rick Taylor taylorrl at mindspring.com
Wed Mar 25 21:46:22 PDT 2009

Tina and I have spent the last two days birding in Klickitat county. We found a large (100-200 birds) flock of DUNLIN in a wet field on Dalles Mountain Road south of Centerville. The flock was just north of the cemetery. As the flock flew once, I noticed a bird with an all white tail. The viewing conditions were poor and I was not able to relocate the mystery bird in the shifting flock.

Has anyone seen the Acorn Woodpecker this year? We spent a couple of hours watching the granary tree without success.