[Tweeters] Please help ID a bird by it's call

Larry Baxter mthiker57 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 26 12:37:50 PDT 2009

I live on Camano Island on  5 acres surrounded by forest; Hemlock, Grand Fir, Maple, Alder with a little Doug Fir mixed in.  The bird stays up in the trees so I've never been able to see it, try as I might.  I've lived here about 7 years and I heard it last for the first time about this time and kept hearing it until mid June.  This year its back.

The call consists of six notes.  The first two notes are an ascending we weeeee, followed by four fairly rapid lower pitched cheep, cheep, cheep, cheep.  The four lower pitched notes are neither ascending or descending.

I've listened to numerous birds on my Peterson CD without success.

Thanks for any help I can get.