[Tweeters] REI Robin

Kathy Andrich chukarbird at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 26 21:19:11 PDT 2009

Hi Tweeters,

I was at the downtown Seattle REI today and noticed a Robin near the waterfall. It was collecting nest material and then flew underneath me through the stairway. I tried to see where it might have gone but couldn't. After shopping I went to lowest level which looked about right for the height of the direct flight of the robin. I found two previous robin nests perched on the exposed plumbing. The young robins that were raised there had pretty darn good accomodations with nearly complete sheltering. I didn't find the new nest.

I couldn't resist impulse buying a Toucan Zoolight clip, which has a rainbow of light when you push a button to open the bill. It is a pretty cool doodad and I'm afraid I might have to get another one, my Mom adopted it right away...besides maybe I will actually find the Robin's nest on a second trip there...

Kathy
Roosting in Kent, near Lake Meridian
(chukarbird at yahoo dot com)
Any driving directions contained within this message are given as a courtesy, beware, author is directionally challenged and will not vouch for them.