[Tweeters] Seattle to Walla Walla - tips?

Emily A Stoll stollea at u.washington.edu
Fri Mar 27 08:56:04 PDT 2009

Hi all,

I'm heading to Walla Walla today to visit some friends, and am bringing a non-birding friend with me. That means, I can probably convince her to stop one time to look at birds, but I bet she won't want to stop more than that. Can someone recommend a good place along the route from Seattle-Walla Walla where I could see ducks - especially ruddy ducks or Redheads (or better yet, both!)

Also, is there any place along that route where I might see the sandhill cranes? I can't go all the way to Othello - it's too far out of the way. I realize this is probably a long shot, but I hoped that maybe some folks out there who know birding in Eastern WA could give me some tips. I only wish I'd been a birder when I went to Whitman - I missed out! :)

Thank you!

Emily Stoll
Seattle, WA
stollea at u.washington.edu