[Tweeters] Intergrade Northern Flicker

Carol Riddell cariddell at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 28 10:51:14 PDT 2009

Hi Tweets,

Not willing to venture out to bird in the steady rain this morning,
I've been doing house chores and intermittently watching the yard
birds. I believe I just had an intergrade male Northern Flicker at a
peanut suet feeder. It had the red malars of the red-shafted, but
the gray crown and the red nape crescent of the yellow-shafted.
Although the nape crescent was a softer red and not as large as the
crescent of a yellow-shafted, I could see the yellow outer edges of
the primaries.

Stay dry,

Carol Riddell