[Tweeters] English Boom, Camano Island

Michael Willison sendtomichael at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 28 11:36:47 PDT 2009

Tweeters,

I birded English Boom for a couple hours this morning in light to heavy rain, looking principally for the Loggerhead Shrike reported several times last week. I had no luck finding the Shrike. The Short-eared Owl is still present, in the area of the beached house boat at the east end of the trail. It was being harassed by several crows almost continually and seems to be missing a primary as well as having a couple more hanging loosely. I'm sure the crows are the culprits.

Michael Willison, sendtomichael at hotmail.com, Stanwood