[Tweeters] Big Bird Day in Renton (Osprey, Turkey Vulture, Bald Eagles, Herons)

Tim Brennan tsbrennan at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 29 23:45:57 PDT 2009

Hey Tweets,

Not a lot of birds number-wise today, but some large ones!

Swung by a cell tower along the powerline trail near the Royal Hills neighborhood where an Osprey nest has been for several years now at least. There was one perched up there - first I've seen for the year.

On my way down the hill, as I drove past City Hall, I had a TURKEY VULTURE fly overhead! Saw it tilting around at a distance first, but got close enough to get a good ID.

Went to the Black River Riparian forest with my daughter, and saw two Bald Eagles, a number of GB Herons, and a Cooper's Hawk.

Nice to have so many big birds that were so easy to point out to my little girl!

-Tim Brennan
Renton