[Tweeters] White Headed Sparrows at Nisqually

Scrubjay323 at aol.com Scrubjay323 at aol.com
Mon Mar 30 15:29:43 PDT 2009

Tweets,

Last Wednesday we great looks at the white headed song sparrow at Nisqually.
At least we thought it was one bird. It flew across the trail and dropped
into the brush and then shortly thereafter reappeared where it was first
spotted. I thought there might be more than one bird but the consensus was it
was moving around a lot. It did pop up on a branch and sing for
us...definitely a song sparrow.

Yesterday at church a couple I know who also walk Nisqually came up and said
they saw 2 white headed sparrows at Nisqually on Saturday. They have a
picture of the 2 birds side by side. Hard to imagine a song sparrow surviving
with a white head much less 2 birds with those markings.

We'll walk the full loop Wednesday and try to get looks at both birds if
they will cooperate.

BTW, I've head they the removal of the outer dike at Nisqually is scheduled
to begin April 18th. That's a Saturday so the date my be wrong. I'll find
out Wednesday and let you know.

Phil Kelley
scrubjay323 @aol.com
Lacey, WA