[Tweeters] Annas Notes Blooper

David Hutchinson flora.fauna at live.com
Mon Mar 30 13:36:56 PDT 2009

Forgive me, but while rushing to press at Tweeters I made a significant omission. In the section about shorebird females it should suggest that females who bear the burden of egg-laying and migration are NOT necessarily bigger. The real question about Annas body mass is: if being sedentary makes for a switch in gender, which gender is being selected, males to be bigger or females to be smaller? And in populations of say Costas or Allens, which might be sedentary, which gender is bigger??

--
David Hutchinson, Owner
Flora & Fauna: Nature Books