[Tweeters] FYI - Alabama Mockingbird?

David Barber dbarber71 at comcast.net
Mon Mar 30 21:56:00 PDT 2009

I'm sitting outside my hotel at 11:00 pm here listening to this bird
that sings a variety of tunes. Man at another table tells me it is a
"Night Whipoorwill". I go looking for the bird in the tree, not
expecting to see anything. But I do and it looks to me like a
mockingbird. But it is only streetlit in a leafy tree so I'm not sure,
but it is certainly not anything in the poorwill/nightjar family.

So the question is: Do mockingbirds sing that late at night?

Thanks

David Barber Vancouver, WA tripping in Birmingham at the Civil Rights
Institute