[Tweeters] Black-necked Stilts at Old Monroe-Snohomish Road, Plus Plus

Steve Pink pirangas at hotmail.com
Tue May 12 15:43:03 PDT 2009

Hi,

Marv Breece and I birded mostly Snohomish and Monroe area today.

At 7 am the Black-necked Stilts were in the same location described by Jeff Gibson yesterday. In the same area we had a male Redhead, several Blue-wing Teal and plenty of Cinnamon Teals. Also 4 Great White-fronted Geese. When we returned past the ponds at about 11 am - we could not see the Stilts but there is plenty of cover, so could have been overlooked.

At Monroe (177th I think), just pass the entrance to the prison - we had two Western Kingbirds, at least 10 Western Tanagers and several Bullock's Orioles.

At the prison farm pond, near Crescent Lake were all 6 swallows, including Bank Swallow and a superb male Yellow-headed Blackbird. A Peregrine just flew by but was unimpressed with the food on offer.

At 12th St, bird numbers were comparatively low. We did find one California Gull at the everett Waterfront.

A good day's birding.

Cheers, Steve

Steve Pink Edmonds, WA mailto: pirangas at hotmail.com