[Tweeters] Any Purple Martins?

mgd at myuw.net mgd at myuw.net
Sun May 24 17:25:29 PDT 2009

I saw an adult male Purple Martin fly over my house on Beacon Hill on May 15. I get flyovers every year but it's usually later in the summer when they're feeding young. On Tuesday I had martins at the gourds/housing along the Duwamish at T-105 and T-107. These parks can be quite birdy, and are great places to listen to and watch Purple Martins. Information and directions can be found here: http://www.portseattle.org/community/resources/parks/index.shtml

Mike Donahue
Beacon Hill, Seattle