AW: [Tweeters] mitigation/restoration objectives

Gary Bletsch garybletsch at yahoo.com
Thu May 28 18:58:41 PDT 2009

Dear Brien and Tweeters,

I echo Brien's concerns. I recently broached this very topic in regard to the McCorquedale Road mitigation project, in Skagit County just outside Burlington's city limits. Last year, the place was swarming with shorebirds. Peregrines and Merlins would show up. A broad variety of waterfowl swam there. Now it's a sapling plantation. A typical visit there today yields one or two species of common ducks, the odd Killdeer, a Red-winged Blackbird or two, and maybe some Starlings and Robins.

Harrumph.

Yours truly,

Gary Bletsch   Near Lyman, Washington (Skagit County), USA   garybletsch at yahoo.com