[Tweeters] The week in review

Roger Moyer rogermoyer1 at hotmail.com
Fri May 29 17:23:30 PDT 2009

Some friends and I (Jerry Swena) went camping on the eastside on Hwy 410 last weekend. We ran down to Wenas Sunday hoping to find the WHITE-HEADED WOODPECKER. A lifer for him, no success. However we did get good directions to the LEWIS' WOODPECKER nest up the hill. Found pair. Also a lifer for Jerry. I told him now that we were going to find a lot of them for the day. True to my word I took him up Highway 12 to the road just past the Elk feeding station. Before we were done we had 26 LEWIS' WOODPECKERS and 1 BLACK-BACKED WOODPECKER,

Yesterday working on Highway 101 just into Pacific County south of Elk Creek I had two WILLOW FLYCATCHERS calling.

Over the last few months it has been interesting to observe a couple of RAVENS work a section of Highway 101 I travel regularly. They fly over it looking for food.

Finally on the way home from work today I just happened to notice a bird on the wire I didn't quite recognize at first. I turned around and went back to investigate and it turned out that there were 3 BAND-TAILED PIGEONS at a feeder here in Aberdeen.

Rogermoyer1 at hotmail.com

Aberdeen, WA