[Tweeters] Kitsap County Rusty Blackbird

dougnpip at aol.com dougnpip at aol.com
Fri Nov 13 17:26:34 PST 2009

The Rusty Blackbird found earlier this week by Brad Waggoner was relocated today. I found it around mid-afternoon, and several birders, Mark and Cate Hopkinson, Steve Pink, Brad Waggoner, and myself enjoy various looks at the bird. I believe Steve found it earlier in the day and returned for a second look. As reported the best spot is to drive down Leyman Rd and just where the blue old farm house with the for sale sign is posted, park there. The bird has been both in the distant riparian habitat and the low, marshy area with livestock. It also showed in the low trees just around the sale property, usually by itself.
Cheers and good luck,
Doug Watkins
Bainbridge Is