[Tweeters] Unidentified "woodpeckers"?, July 28, 2009

Yelm Backyard Wildlife yelmbackyard at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 09:25:14 PST 2009

This drawing of a Ivory billed woodpecker...

is the same overall shape of my unidentified woodpeckers that flew in this
summer in July. The colors are off and I cannot gauge a size comparison to
my birds from the drawing. It would be exciting to see one or two - but I
cannot determine.

A pair of unknown woodpeckers taking a drink
*Tue Jul 28 15:56:25 PDT 2009*

Not a pair of Kingfishers.
Not a pair of Green Herons.

The overall shape=matches, shape and size of beak or bill=matches, head
crest=matches, neck size and shape=matches, and tail feathers size and

*The colors are totally wrong.*

I'm going to keep exploring until I can find a match. This one is the
closest I've come so far and it is just too incredible, but exciting to see
a close match.

Thurston County
yelmbackyard at gmail.com