[Tweeters] Marymoor Park Report (Redmond, King Co., WA) 2009-11-25

Michael Hobbs birdmarymoor at verizon.net
Wed Nov 25 14:52:47 PST 2009

Tweets - a glorious day today. Almost sunny, after the fog burned off.
Fairly warm. No wind. We had lots of great looks at birds, and a few
surprises to make for an even better day.

Highlights:

Green Heron 1 hard-to-see at the Rowing Club
Mourning Dove 1 along the slough trail
R.-breasted Sapsucker Fabulous looks near mansion
Northern Shrike One at Compost Piles etc.
Winter Wren Unusually common, strange locations
MOUNTAIN BLUEBIRD East Meadow, like 2 weeks ago, 1 male
Cedar Waxwing Good sized flock (35+)

Additionally, we had really excellent, close views of GOLDEN-CROWNED
KINGLET, BROWN CREEPER, DOWNY WOODPECKER, and many other of the common
birds.

Scott Ramos left early and had a large flock of CACKLING GEESE, and some
TRUMPETER SWANS to the northeast.

Counting Scott's birds, that made for an even 60 species today, MUCH better
than last Thursday's rainy result.

== Michael Hobbs
== Kirkland, WA
== http://www.marymoor.org/birding.htm