[Tweeters] Changing of the guard at mill pond, Tenino

Paul Hicks phicks at accessgrace.org
Thu Oct 1 14:07:57 PDT 2009

Tweets,
Thursday morning I checked the mill pond on the Heernett Environmental
Foundation property east of Tenino for "October" arrivals. I found an
interesting variety of ducks.

1 Gr Wh-fr Goose (first at this location in 20 years of regular checking)
1 Gadwall, female (perhaps only the 2nd or 3rd)
3 Cin Teal (getting a tad late, numbers topped out in 20s in August)
7 G-w Teal (recent arrivals, one male just starting to show some color)
2 Shoveler (recent arrivals)
10 Mallard (just coming out of eclipse plumage)

Good birding!
--Paul Hicks / Tenino, s. Thurston Co / phicks AT accessgrace.org