[Tweeters] meadowlarks & shrike in magnuson park

ron & deb ron999 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 13:06:12 PDT 2009

Hi all,

My first time here. I'm new to birding in this part of the world.

Birds were seen Tuesday early afternoon, in the NE part of the park (see
link to map below).
3 Meadowlarks were mostly in the grass, and got up on some hawthorns from
time to time, calling as they were bugged & chased away by a hummingbird.
The Shrike was perched for a few minutes in a thinly leafed tree at the SW
corner of the marked area. Checking my books I believe it was a juvenile
Northern Shrike (light brown shades, similar to the photos from the fill
posted here a couple of weeks ago).

Bushtits and Ruby Crowned Kinglets were also present in some poplar trees
near parking lot and West of meadow.

link to map:

Ron BenShalom
Seattle, WA