[Tweeters] Short-eared Owl

MEYER2J at aol.com MEYER2J at aol.com
Thu Oct 22 13:33:59 PDT 2009

Hi Tweets:

Today, Thursday, beginning at 11:30 a.m. Mike West and I watched a
Short-eared Owl for about an hour. It was seen from the Stillwater nature trail
while it hunted over the fields and trail that leads to the Snoqualmie
River. When it flew south, we followed it to the fields that are adjacent to
the parking lot. It perched a couple of times and dove into the tall grass
before taking off again for the northern fields. Other birds seen along
the trail include Fox Sparrow, towhee, and Golden-crowned Kinglet.

Joyce Meyer
_meyer2j at aol.com_ (mailto:meyer2j at aol.com)