[Tweeters] Vaux's Happening 09

Larry Schwitters lpatters at ix.netcom.com
Wed Oct 28 11:45:28 PDT 2009

Our Aububon project to identify the location and
significance of Vaux's Swift migratory roost sites in North America
had a great year. We started with discouraging low counts in the
spring but the little swifts came back in good numbers for the
southbound. Our 186 observers in 5 states and BC checked out 78
potential roost sites in 2009, finding 56 of them active and
documented 649,803 roostings.
For this year at least, the Monroe Wagner school site was
the most significant, hosting 41% of that total.

Larry Schwitters