[Tweeters] Dippers do it again

Rob Sandelin nwnature at verizon.net
Fri Apr 2 20:13:41 PDT 2010

There seems to be some kind of connection between me, students and dippers.
Today I had my little kid class out in the rain and storm at Wallace Falls
state park. We were on the river bar finding cool rocks when a dipper flew
in, literally right in between us in a small waterway. The kids again were
delighted by this grey bobbing sprite of a bird and talked about it the
whole way back to the cars, asking me a zillion questions about birds. I
think I want to rename the dipper the ambassador bird......

Rob Sandelin
Naturalist, Writer, Teacher
Snohomish County, WA
You can read my notes about nature on my website at