[Tweeters] picnic table effect

Byers byers345 at comcast.net
Fri Apr 2 15:25:26 PDT 2010

Hi Tweeters,

I guess Vicki Biltz's bird haven back yard is a northwest
example of the so-called "picnic table effect," named after a rest area in
Patagonia, AZ, where one rare bird is found, followed by a bunch of
birders, who find yet another rare bird. And "our" rare birds, the
Rose-breasted Grosbeak and Black-chinned Hummingbird, are all being spotted
in some of the most unkind birding weather we've had in months. I wonder
what some sharp-eyed birder will spot next?

Charlotte Byers, Seattle