[Tweeters] Rose Breasted Grosbeak update, bringing a scope, and a comment on bringing children/youth

Vicki Biltz vickibiltz at msn.com
Sat Apr 3 17:47:48 PDT 2010

Hi Everyone, Today was a good day for all who came to see the bird, rain or not. The last couple of birders watched the bird for 30 minutes just roosting in a tree, when the rain started. I had just taken my scope out for them, and so they did get some decent looks. 4 Minutes after they left, His Highness decided to come down for his evening meal.
I do recommend bringing a scope in case the weather acts up, and he behaves in this most ungracious manner towards others who come to see him.
Also, please do not bring children, or teens; who are NOT interested in the bird. All ages are welcome, but they must not go into my neighbors yards or be noisy, and jump around a lot. This is a distraction for other birders, and might also keep the bird from showing. I also do not want any neighbors to complain. Thanks for understanding.
Vicki Biltz
Bonney Lake, Wa
vickibiltz at msn.com
http://www.sawwhetsnew.blogspot.com/