[Tweeters] Edmonds' herons (4/6)

Bill Anderson billandersonbic at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 6 18:17:49 PDT 2010

As others have noted, there has been no recent nesting activity at the heron rookery located on the south edge of the Edmonds marsh.  While making my usual rounds today,  I met a nice young woman named Rosa who was also out photographing birds at the marsh.  Rosa told me that she had just witnessed what looked like two herons starting a nest on the marina breakwater across from the Beach Front Cafe.

I walked over there and saw a heron standing by a small accumulation of branches and twigs located on the wooden/metal portion of the breakwater which serves as the entrance to the marina.   It can be seen across the marina directly west of the Beach Front Cafe.   I took some photos and will add it to my route.   If anyone else wants to take a look and needs help locating it, shoot me an e-mail and we'll arrange to meet up down there.
Bill Anderson; Edmonds, WA.