[Tweeters] West Point Common Loon, Auklets

Zuckerbond Zuckerbond at comcast.net
Thu Apr 8 13:32:16 PDT 2010

Hi Tweeters,

I was in Discovery Park this morning, and north of the West Point
Lighthouse, I saw: 1 Common Loon, 1 Dunlin, 2 Rhinoceros Auklets, 2 Pigeon
Guillemots, 2 Red-necked Grebes, 50 Western Grebes, 35 Brant, 8 Horned
Grebes, 22 Scaup, along with the usual Surf Scoters, Goldeneye, Mergansers,
and Bufflehead. At the pond off the beach I saw Great Blue Herons and Belted
Kingfishers. Throughout the walk I saw many Bald Eagles, a Red-tailed Hawk,
and a Sharp-shinned Hawk. There were plenty of smaller birds of the forest
and field, but only those that I've been seeing all winter long.

Mary Bond, Seattle