[Tweeters] New Feeder Bird - Western Tanager

Janet Carroll junco at seanet.com
Mon Aug 2 19:08:20 PDT 2010

Hi:

I have seen a male western tanager come to my feeder twice before this
summer and finally today I got my binoculars before he left. He is bright
yellow with just a tinge of red on the top of his head and I could see no
bright yellow wing bar - just white. Maybe he was in beginning molt or
something. I generally see tanagers passing through during spring
migration, but being at the feeder is a first. It is eating suet and some
seeds. Happy day!

Janet Carroll
Mukilteo WA USA

"We have nothing if we have nothing for our children."