[Tweeters] Olympia Mystery Blackbird

John W jirvingw at comcast.net
Sat Aug 7 08:17:51 PDT 2010

While leaving work Tuesday Aug 3, I saw sitting on the wall alongside
the DNR parking lot (Washington St and 11th), a medium sized black bird
that reminded me of a Thrasher. Shiny Black , yellow eye, longish black
thin sharply pointed downwardly curved bill.I did not see the tail as it
was facing me. I got to within 8 feet or so for about 30 sec., thus I
got a good look. I need to get in the habit of carrying my camera to
work. I brought it with me the next day but did not see the bird again.
I did a brief internet search, did not find anything.
Anyone have any ideas what this bird is?
Thanks
John Whitehead