[Tweeters] Re: California Travel Consultation

rccarl at pacbell.net rccarl at pacbell.net
Sat Aug 7 13:45:53 PDT 2010

Come back on I-5 & you might get some early geese/cranes/ducks + shorebirds at Merced NWR (Los Banos) or Sacramento NWR .  On the way south don't miss the hawks at Marin Headlands.  SF Bay shorebirds will be near their peak; easy access at Palo Alto/Mtn View.  Detour to Monterey Bay via Moss Landing and then go on a pelagic with Monterey Bay Seabirds or Debbie $hearwater.  Reserve ahead for these.  Santa Barbara also has excellent pelagics on Condor Express.  You could also visit Point Reyes but it's much farther off your route.

RCC

Richard Carlson

Full-time Birder, Biker and Rotarian

Part-time Economist

Tucson, AZ, Lake Tahoe, CA, & Kirkland, WA

rccarl at pacbell.net

Tucson 520-760-4935

Tahoe 530-581-0624

Kirkland 425-828-3819