[Tweeters] Peeps and such

Roger Moyer rogermoyer1 at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 7 23:57:18 PDT 2010

There weren't many of us out looking for the RED-NECKED STINT this morning. I figured with this rare a bird there would be a lot more folks out. However we weren't disappointed with the bird. We Denny, Jerry Swena, and myself) showed up around 9:00 a.m. and were able to see it for about 20-30 minutes until it spooked. We had very nice looks at the bird from about 100 yards out. It was in with some LEAST , WEsTERN SANDPIPERS, KILLDEERS, and one PECTORAL SANDPIPER. Later in the morning we had BLACK TURNSTONES and BLACK OYSTERCATCHERS on Ediz Hook. There were also a few GREATER YELLOWLEGS in the mix along the way and one SEMI-PALMATED PLOVER.

We had two Greater Whited-fronted Geese, 12 Marbled Muralets, 8 Rhinocerous Auckalets, There were many other birds but these are the birds of note.

Roger Moyer
Chehalis, WA