[Tweeters] Fill walk

Connie Sidles constancesidles at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 02:14:57 PDT 2010

Hey tweets, FYI, I am leading a walk around the Fill this coming
Saturday for the Native Plant Society. Anyone out there in tweeterland
is welcome to attend. We meet at the kiosk on the east end of
Wahkiakum Lane at 8 a.m. Professor Kern Ewing of the UW Botanic
Gardens is going to lead off with a talk about the site and its plant
life. Fall migration is starting to speed up. We've had Wilson's and
Yellow Warblers coming through, some empids (Hammond's, I think), and
shorebirds. A few of the winter ducks (Green-winged Teal, eg) have
started to show up, and the juvenile raptors who must establish their
own territories are also appearing (two Cooper's yesterday, a Sharp-
shinned on Tuesday, and a Merlin). The mud is still present on
Shoveler's Pond (can't remember the last time it persisted for so
long), so things are looking good. - Connie