[Tweeters] Clark County Birds

Wilson Cady gorgebirds at juno.com
Sat Aug 14 22:00:31 PDT 2010

Today between the Columbia Land Trust Members Picnic and the friends of the Ridgefield NWR BBQ I had a chance to check Vancouver Lake, in Clark County, hoping for shorebirds. There were no mudflats showing yet but there was one CLARK'S GREBE just off shore of the Flushing Channel. After the BBQ I attempted to see the shorebirds being reported at the Ridgefield NWR but only saw KILLDEER, SEMIPALMATED PLOVER, GREATER YELLOWLEGS, LESSER YELLOWLEGS, and BAIRD'S SANDPIPER before the PEREGRINE FALCON arrived and made multiple passes over the wetlands and then perched in the trees at the south end of Rest Lake.

Wilson Cady
Washougal, WA
Get Serious Savings
Auto Insurance Quote: Get Discounts & Bonuses to Help You Save Big!