[Tweeters] Another Ocean Shores sighting

D. Lewis debsstuff at comcast.net
Sat Aug 14 23:26:45 PDT 2010

Hello all

We went over to Ocean Shores this afternoon with high hope of seeing the now famous godwit.  But oh well - maybe next time!  We did find a nice assortment of shore birds to take pictures of so I didn't go home empty handed or memory card unused.  Our suprise sighting was a red-throated loon.  It's not really out of range but it's timing is quite a bit off.  It looks like we have an occasional sighting in the winter - not the middle of summer.

It was floating off shore about 10 to 15 feet out in the bay about half way between Damon Point and where the godwit had been sighted.  Just one more thing to look for if you make the trip over.

Have a safe Sunday if you travel - traffic was terrible today.

D. Lewis

Debsstuffatcomcast.net

North Bend, WA