[Tweeters] Shorebirds at Fife

Bruce Labar blabar at harbornet.com
Wed Aug 18 17:10:28 PDT 2010

I checked out the mitigation ponds across from Sportco on 20th street in Fife today. These ponds have been productive for us Pierce County listers this fall. Ryan Shaw had some good sightings just a few days ago. Most of his sightings were still there this afternoon. They include the following: Killdeer-8, Greater Yellowlegs-1, Lesser Yellowlegs-1, Solitary Sandpiper-1, Western Sandpiper-6 and Baird's Sandpiper-2. These ponds are right off I-5 and are easy to check. Park at the Sportco lot and be carefull crossing 20th street because of heavy traffic at times.
Bruce LaBar
Tacoma, WA
blabar at harbornet.com