[Tweeters] Marymoor Park Report (Redmond, King Co., WA) 2010-08-19

Michael Hobbs birdmarymoor at verizon.net
Thu Aug 19 13:32:00 PDT 2010

Tweets - Instead of the "mostly sunny' the weather report promised, we had
dark overcast and mist this morning. The mist faded after a bit, though we
did have a few minutes of light drizzle as we walked the East Meadow. Damp
and 61 degrees - no wonder the summer birds have fled. At least, it seems
that most are gone, and they're yet to be replaced by winter birds. We had
just a hint of migration to spice things up. Otherwise, it was a pretty
quiet day.

Highlights:

Hooded Merganser 8 flew upstream over the weir
American Coot First since April - 1 at the lake
Dowitcher sp. 2 birds flew north over the Dog Meadow
Barn Owl Matt & Scott enjoyed 2 a the East Meadow
early
Vaux's Swift More than a dozen
Or.-crowned Warbler 1 along slough
Yellow Warbler 2+, still singing
Wilson's Warbler 2 males

I presume they were Long-billed DOWITCHERS, though they were silent and only
seen in-flight, making a positive ID impossible. This is just the 3rd time
we've had dowitchers at Marymoor.

We had several WESTERN WOOD-PEWEES, but only a couple WILLOW FLYCATCHERS.
We heard only 1-2 SWAINSON'S THRUSH, and had only 4 species of warbler,

No Spotted Sandpipers. no vireos, no bushtits, no Black-headed Grosbeaks, no
Red-winged Blackbirds, and no Brown-headed Cowbirds.

For the day, 55 species.

== Michael Hobbs
== Kirkland, WA
== http://www.marymoor.org/birding.htm