[Tweeters] Possible Blackpoll Warbler, Renton

Teresa Michelsen teresa at avocetconsulting.com
Sat Aug 21 12:01:42 PDT 2010

Along these lines, I had what appeared to be a black-throated grey that
looked like a female, but without the black spot at the base of its throat -
the throat was clean white with black streaking along the sides, as
described below. This was definitely not a black-and-white - the head and
back were quite grey - a beautiful bird.

Although my field guide doesn't show it, the website below shows a female
with a straight eye-stripe and describes the immature female as having a
mostly white throat. So maybe that's what we both saw - Teresa
http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Black-throated_Gray_Warbler/id