[Tweeters] Fife/Sportco Ponds - Evening

johntubbs at comcast.net johntubbs at comcast.net
Sat Aug 21 20:56:55 PDT 2010

Hi everyone,

To add to the afternoon reports by Ruth and Bruce, I stopped by the Sportco ponds on my way back from a band gig in Hoquiam (only a little time for birding there, unfortunately).  I got there right when Sportco was closing and didn't have great light.  My target was Baird's Sandpipers, and those were easily found.

The one update to the reports from this afternoon is that I did have a single Semipalmated Plover among the numerous Killdeer.  It was on the south pond when I first showed up, gave good looks and then I started looking at peeps.

A front was clearly coming in based on the clouds so hopefully we'll get some rain to keep the ponds wet.

John Tubbs

Snoqualmie, WA

johntubbs at comcast.net