[Tweeters] Whidbey Island

Neil and Carleen Zimmerman n3zims at comcast.net
Sun Aug 22 19:59:29 PDT 2010

Hello Tweeters,
I led a field trip for Seattle Audubon to Whidbey Island on Saturday the 21st. Nothing out of the ordinary but a couple of interesting sightings. We had 3 Marbled Murrelets at the boat landing at the west end of Hastie Lake Rd. At Dugualla Bay we had nice looks at Killdeer and Semipalmated Plovers in the same scope view. A bit of a surprise was a Great Egret along the fresh water pond. Also we had a male Surf Scoter on the pond. Scoters are common on the salt water but I have never seen one on that little pond before.

Neil Zimmerman
Brier WA