[Tweeters] Northern Harrier at Woodland Park Zoo

Etta Cosey ettacosey at comcast.net
Wed Aug 25 14:26:53 PDT 2010

Yesterday around 12n I saw at least four possibly five Northern
Harriers fly in and out of the trees located at the eastern edge of
the North Meadow at the Woodland Park Zoo.
When I described the white rumped raptors that I saw to one of the
docent at the Raptor Center she was pretty confident that they were
Cooper's Hawks. To see Northern Harriers in
in a somewhat densely populated area was surprising. The North Meadow
is the area used for concerts, etc.