[Tweeters] re Kauai birding and California Gnatcatcher

Jeff Kozma jcr_5105 at charter.net
Fri Aug 27 20:24:11 PDT 2010

I concur with Mark. Kokee State Park is a great place to bird. We saw all six honeycreepers there that he mentioned in his post. It was great hiking there and not too exhausting. To see these birds feeding on native tree flowers (and non-native passionflowers) was pretty exciting. And, we found them all in about a 2 hour hike. Plus, the drive up Waimea Canyon to get there was spectacular...views of White-tailed Tropicbirds in the canyon is impressive.

Jeff Kozma

Yakima

j c r underscore 5105 at charter dot net