[Tweeters] Window Kill

Darlene Sybert drsybert at northtown.org
Sat Aug 28 22:38:18 PDT 2010

My 25 year-old sunporch is amazing--a large room with three walls of
floor to ceiling windows, looking out across the lovely forest
surrounding my home.

But for the birds, it is not so good. At certain times of day, the
windows that are directly across from each other appear to the birds to
be an open space, and many of them try to fly through it--in spite of
screens, removing all plants from the room, decals, scarecrows, etc.
Recently, we hung a large set of metal chimes in front of the offending
window with a wooden bench under it, and that has lowered the number of
incidents significantly, but if I had it to do over again, I would just
skip the windows and go outside to enjoy the view.