[Tweeters] Banded Tundra Swans at Ridgefield, Nov 27

Mary Reese uuspirit at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 2 00:47:48 PST 2010

We reported the three banded TUNDRA (Whistling) SWANS that we saw from the blind
at Ridgefield on Nov 27.  P911, P912, and P914 seemed to be a bonded trio,
always swimming together.  We heard back from the USGS after only about one day.

The information on the banding Certificate of Appreciation was this:

HATCHED IN 2007 OR EARLIERBanded:07/27/2009Location:  (COORDINATES: LAT:
58.58333; LON: -156.91667 )SMELT LAKE- SOUTH OF SMELT ISLAND, BRISTOL BAY
BOROUGH, ALASKA, USA
 Just thought you'd all like to know some of their history, in case you spot
them in Rest Lake.  Fun stuff, huh? :-)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/marymargaretreese/5225430577/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/marymargaretreese/5226029592/

Mary Reese & Jim Allen