[Tweeters] Vashon Island CBC Sunday January 2

Ed Swan edswan at centurytel.net
Thu Dec 2 09:30:03 PST 2010

Hi all, the Vashon Island CBC takes place Sunday January 2. We always enjoy help from others. We often need extra help in several parts of the count circle not in Vashon Audubon's membership area:

1. Vashon and Maury Islands are all in King County but interesting portions of the count circle lie along the west side of Colvos Passage in Pierce and Kitsap Counties.

2. Three Tree Point in the Burien Area pokes just inside the count circle. This territory is often combined with the Fauntleroy-Vashon ferry run which is the count's best chance for Brant and also could find Rhinocerous Auklet and Common Murre.

Pretty much all of the territories on Island or off have a combination and interesting variety of water and terrestrial birds. Besides the Fauntleroy-Vashon ferry route, we also have the Pt. Defiance-Tahlequah ferry route that finds all three cormorants, alcids, and grebes.

Contact Sue Trevathan, the count coordinator, at 206.463.1484 or
sue.trevathan at centurytel.net.

Ed Swan
author and guide
Providing bird tours around Vashon Island and beyond
www.theswancompany.com
206.463.7976
edswan at centurytel.net