[Tweeters] N Hawk Owl and 3 other owls

Neil and Carleen Zimmerman n3zims at comcast.net
Sat Dec 11 21:01:07 PST 2010

Tweeters,
We made the trip up to Ladner to see the N Hawk Owl. We found it at the spot reported by Wayne yesterday. It was easy to find. Just look for the 50 thousand dollars of camera equipment aimed up in the trees. The bird was very cooperative and gave us some great views. It was interesting to see the change in the owl when an eagle flew nearby. It stiffened up and stretched into an alert vertical posture. It looked like it was doing a bittern imitation.
We headed over to Reifel where we ran into Barry and Jack who gave us some tips for finding a Barred Owl and a N Saw-whet Owl.
At trip to Boundary Bay Regional Park at the 72nd St parking area gave us looks at 4 Short-eared Owls. There were a lot of of other birds to see but it was the four owl species that made it a special day.

Neil Zimmerman
Brier, WA