[Tweeters] 2010 Spokane County cumulative year list - final check

Tim O'Brien kertim7179 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 31 08:53:27 PST 2010

Hi everyone!

I have posted the final 2010 Spokane county year list on the Spokane Audubon Society website. Please take a moment to review it for any species that may have been missed by myself or Jon. Currently, we stand at 233 species for the year.

View the list here: http://spokaneaudubon.org/Default.aspx?pageId=308336

Thank you to everyone that contributed to the cumulative list in 2010. Now it is time to start thinking about 2011! I always love the beginning of a New Year. The possibilities are endless and a lot of what is found depends on effort and time in the field. New Years come with new goals so I am going to put a lofty one in place for Spokane county. I would like to see the year list hit 250 species in 2011! I know we can do it!

I would encourage more frequent checks of the following locations to find those unusual species:

Spokane Premix pond - gulls, diving ducks, etc...
Philleo Lake - shorebirds and gulls
Turnbull NWR - just about anything is possible out there
Mt.Spokane - high elevation birds
West Plains - I know I'm still waiting for a Snowy Owl in this county!
Long Lake - on the Spokane side
And anywhere else you might know...

Going into 2011, please email me your sightings and I would ask you include what time you observed the bird or birds so I can accurately document who saw what first. Lastly, I would encourage the use of eBird so the world can see where the Spokane birds are and at what time they are here.

Happy New Year! I'll see you out there somewhere...go bird!

Tim O'Brien
Cheney, WA
mailto: kertim7179 at yahoo dot com