[Tweeters] what to do: Goshawk specimen

Gary Bletsch garybletsch at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 2 09:56:41 PST 2010

Dear Tweeters,

A parent of one of the students at Lyman Elementary School came to my classroom with a specimen of a grey, near-adult Northern Goshawk today (February2, 2010). The bird was found in a barnyard, just up the road from my house.

Darn, I missed a great yard bird and county year bird by about a half mile!

Anyway, the people to whom I normally give specimens are out of the country. Is there anyone in Tweetersland who has a permit to take such specimens? Although the bird is not in great shape, perhaps one of the museums might want it.

Please let me know.

Yours truly,

Gary Bletsch   Near Lyman, Washington (Skagit County), USA   garybletsch at yahoo.com

Do You Yahoo!?