[Tweeters] Short-eared Owls - Rawlins Road dike

Larry Engles engles at ridesoft.com
Wed Feb 10 16:46:09 PST 2010

In reference to the discussion on Short-eared Owls, Dan Streiffert and I
(apparently quite naively) went to Rawlins Road dike yesterday (Tuesday) in
the hopes of photographing Short-eared Owls. We evidently were quite lucky
and found them - and as usual, for us anyway, they stayed further away than
we'd like. Always need more glass! Where's my 2000 mm lens when I need
it?!

Anyway, we watched one fly for a good 45 minutes. Here are a few photos:
http://www.larryenglesphotography.com/p1042413768/h17a9b5c9#h17a9b5c9 .

There were several Northern Harriers flying as well. The Harriers came
closer. I'll probably put a couple shots on my web site before too long.
Just have yet to even look at them.

-- Larry Engles

Website: www.larryenglesphotography.com
<http://www.larryenglesphotography.com/>