[Tweeters] Redheads at Fort Steilacoom Park

John Riegsecker jriegsecker at pobox.com
Sat Feb 13 08:39:30 PST 2010

I returned on Friday to Fort Steilacoom Park in Lakewood to verify that
I had indeed seen two male Redheads. That is in fact what they are, and
this time I have pictures. They are with a large flock (250+) of

It was a very birdy place. On the lake, in addition to the Redheads and
Ring-necks were many Coots, Northern Shovlers, Mallards, a dozen or so
Ruddy Ducks, 9 DC Cormorants, 2 Wood Duck pairs, and several Buffleheads.

Although my attention was on the lake, I also saw a Cooper's Hawk, a
Bald Eagle, house finch, a Bewik's Wren, and at least two dozen
Golden-crowned Kinglets. It even stopped raining for about two hours.

John Riegsecker jriegsecker at pobox dot com
Gig Harbor, WA