[Tweeters] Paradise, MT. Rainier NP

Dave Hayden dtvhm at nwrain.com
Sat Feb 13 19:16:24 PST 2010

Today Sherry and I went up to Paradise Mt. Rainier and signed up for the ranger led snowshoe trip. The snowshoes are provided by the park service at no cost, but a donation up to $4.00 helps keep up the maintenance. They have two walks every Saturday and Sunday, and they walk out to the Nisqually Vista. Our time up there did not rack up many bird species but we did get,

Red-breasted Nuthatch - 4 during the walk.
Gray Jay - 5 at the parking lot.
Common Raven - 3 at the parking lot.
Clark's Nutcracker - 1 at the parking lot.
Pine Grosbeak - 6 combined at the parking lot and during the walk.

Dave Hayden
dtvhm AT nwrain.com
Centralia, WA