[Tweeters] Re: great crow show

Kara Whittaker kara.whittaker at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 12:21:25 PST 2010

Hi tweeters,

I have noticed another large crow roost gathering lately at the intersection
of I-90 and 405 in the Mercer Slough area. My observations are rough, given
that I'm always driving at the time, but the crows seem to be
gathering/circling more now whereas their movement seemed more directional
in the past at this location? What was more unusual last night was having
to slow down to ~30 mph to avoid hitting the hundreds of crows hanging out
in the separate carpool lane that connects 405 South to I-90 East. They
were spread out over the entire lane and perched on the walls on either side
of the lane as if they didn't expect any cars to pass through. My husband
suggested they may have known it was Sunday and expected less traffic?!?

~Kara Whittaker, West Seattle